You may have seen or heard about MTD. Certainly, it’s been advertised, advertised and advertised some more. I’m bored with seeing it in the press, hearing it on radio and even seeing adverts on primetime TV.
What is it?
- It’s HMRC’s biggest change since self-assessment tax returns.
- Some businesses have to supply data to HMRC digitally through dynamic data uploads.
- It’s compulsory and started in April 2019.
What are Cogent doing about it?
- Everything and nothing!
- Everything – that has to be done for our clients to be compliant with the latest HMRC rules has been take care of.
- Nothing – that any client has to do.
We are always up to date with regulations and try not to make a fuss and worry our clients.
So, when you hear colleagues taking about MTD or hear advertising, you can be confident and even a bit smug that Cogent has it in the bag.
Whatever IT is!!
MD (managing director NOT made digital)