A lot has changed as a result of COVID-19 and lockdown, with many aspects of our day-to-day life turned around by the restrictions that have been put in place.
It is unlikely, considering the upheaval we have faced, that we will ever return to life as it once was. This has led many to describe the post-lockdown era as ‘the new normal’.
For some people, this new era may mean working more from home and commuting less, for others it could be a change in attitude to their leisure time, but for many, it could also mean changes to their spending habits.
Many studies have been published in recent weeks that look at how life has changed and here is what they have found:
- 86 per cent of people would like to work from home at least one day a week, says a study by HubbleHQ.
- 63 per cent of employees are more productive working from home, according to Lenovo’s Technology and the Evolving World of Work study.
- Research commissioned by Ciena shows that two-thirds of British adults currently working from home fully expect to carry on doing so.
- 60 per cent of shoppers say they will avoid the high street over the next month and 67 per cent now prefer shopping online, research by ChannelAdvisor found.
- British bike sales are up 60 per cent due to people cycling more, according to the Bicycle Association.
- Eight in ten millennials are concerned they do not have enough saved in the event of another pandemic, prompting many to reassess spending habits, according to UBS.
- British staycations are up 150 per cent as people shun overseas trips, research from Pitchup.com has found.
Like many other businesses, we are having to adjust to changes to daily life and we want to reassure you that we are here to support you as you adapt to ‘the new normal’ as well.