Sam qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1973… before most people were born! He went on to be appointed a partner in a West End Chartered Accountancy practice and was in that position until 1976 specialising in management consultancy and personal taxation. Sam subsequently transferred into commerce where he remained for 27 years as CEO of a trading company. He returned to the Accountancy practice in 2003 and joined the team in 2004. Since this time, Sam has researched and specialised in the accounting treatment for and the taxation of contractors operating through their own limited companies.
Some things about Sam:
- Sam goes mountain walking – the wife enjoys it… for him, the flatter the better!
- He was a volunteer paramedic for 26 years, now retired… the patients got too heavy!
- Sam was a Trustee and Treasurer of an Emergency First Aid and Ambulance service for 32 years.
- In his spare time, Sam studies ancient legal systems… and that’s a true fact!
- Sam enjoys his children – 5 boys and 2 girls plus his grandchildren, loads of them!